Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Soot Damage in Pleasant Hill

This is the aftermath of an electrical fire in a Pleasant Hill home. The fire started in the garage and went up into the attic. Soot from the smoke covered the entire interior of the home.

Have smoke damage in your home? Give SERVPRO of Walnut Creek & Clayton a call at (925)930-6690

Electrical fires

Most electrical fires are caused by faulty electrical outlets and old, outdated appliances. Other fires are started by faults in appliance cords, receptacles and switches. Never use an appliance with a worn or frayed cord which can send heat onto combustible surfaces like floors, curtains, and rugs that can start a fire.

Running cords under rugs is another cause of electrical fires. Removing the grounding plug from a cord so it can be used in a two-prong electrical outlet can also cause a fire. The reason appliances have the extra prong is so they can be only used in outlets that can handle the extra amount of electricity that these appliances draw.

Cooking fire in Walnut Creek

Home fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room in your home. This was the aftermath of a pot left unattended in the kitchen resulting significant smoke and soot damage.

Soot damage at a local business in Walnut Creek Ca

SERVPRO of Walnut Creek / Clayton has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial fire damage emergencies. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel, or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.

House fire in Walnut Creek

This is a photo of some of the non-salvageable items from a house fire caused by an electrical outlet shortage. Once the fire department leaves, your Walnut Creek home may suffer from water damage caused by firefighting efforts. We have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition.

Grease fire in Clayton

Cooking fires are the #1 cause of home fires and home fire injuries. This was the aftermath of a kitchen fire on the stove. Oil was too hot and once vegetables (which contain water) were placed in the pot the fire started and became out of control in seconds.   

Electrical fire in Lafayette

This was the aftermath of an electrical fire in a garage in Lafayette Ca. There was significant smoke and soot damage. We went in and packed out the entire residence and cleaned the salvageable items in our warehouse. They are now ready and waiting to go back to the house once construction is complete